Van Cott Jewelers
Lifetime of Love Guarantee!
For over 100 years, Van Cott Jewelers has had the mission to provide our community with the finest quality jewelry and watches, all backed by legendary service. Members of the Levine family have served as President of the American Gem Society and the New York State Jewelers Association Instructors at the Gemological Institute of America. Our commitment to education and fairness has been a hallmark of Van Cott Jewelers since its inception.
Congratulations on your purchase! We want you to know we will be here to serve you for years to come. Here are the details of your Lifetime of Love Guarantee.
- Quality Guarantee - Most diamonds sold at Van Cott Jewelers come with an independent laboratory report. All diamonds sold at Van Cott are reviewed by our in-house Certified Gemologist. We guarantee any diamond sold by Van Cott Jewelers will grade the same or higher if evaluated by any laboratory in the world. We even offer a free appraisal with every diamond engagement ring purchased.
- Price Guarantee - Van Cott Jewelers is committed to providing world class products at the most affordable prices. We guarantee you won't find a better price on any diamond we sell or we will refund the difference plus 10% of the difference. We must be able to verify the price through identical lab reports. Any differential must be claimed in 90 days of purchase.
- Setting Guarantee - Your Van Cott diamond was expertly set in a carefully crafted setting by our professional goldsmiths. We will guarantee your center diamond will not be lost from its setting under normal wearing conditions. $5000 is the maximum coverage. On center stones that exceed $5000, we strongly recommend they be insured. Our associates can explain programs offered by Gem Shield and Jewelers Mutual.
- Value Guarantee - Should you want to trade your diamond solitaire ring, earrings or pendant for a larger, more valuable diamond, you will receive 100% of purchase price paid for the center diamond. The new item will be 200% of the original purchase price less any taxes or labor charges. Maximum trade-in amount will be set at $15,000. On diamonds over $15,000, we will review on a case by case basis.
- Mounting Guarantee - All jewelry and watches sold at Van Cott Jewelers goes through a rigorous, quality control process. Should you ever have a manufacturing defect present itself, we are happy to repair or replace the item at no charge. Since most situations will present themselves in the first year, if a gemstone is lost from your setting or a clasp fails in the first year, we will gladly repair it for you free of charge.
- 'Gotta Say Yes' Guarantee - Van Cott Jewelers has always given our customers a two week money back guarantee. We understand the timing of a proposal is a special moment and shouldn’t be rushed. Simply let us know your proposal date and we will consider that the start of your two weeks. Proposal date must be within 6 months of purchase date.
- 'She Will Love It' Guarantee - If any time in the first six months of ownership you feel the style you have chosen doesn't fit your needs perfectly, we will gladly exchange it for another style.
- Fairness, Honesty and Integrity in All Things - Van Cott Jewelers guarantees we will represent all our products, policies, and services in a manner that is straightforward and fair to all involved. If you ever feel you are not getting the answer you need, please contact a member of our management team.
Now for the not so fine print...
To keep the warranties in effect, we need to inspect your jewelry once every six months. Should you miss an inspection, don’t panic; bring it in and we will reinstate your warranty after your inspection and any needed repairs are completed.
Unfortunately, clearance items, estate Items, and custom design items must be excluded from these guarantees unless it is specifically noted on the receipt. These items are always restored to as close to like-new condition as possible, and do receive a one-year guarantee against manufacturing defects.
Any time we are taking a diamond in for trade, exchange, or credit, we must have the original grading document and the item must be as close to like-new condition as possible. We reserve the right to prorate damaged items.
All privileges expressly written or implied by this document are the sole privilege of the buyer listed on the sales receipt and cannot be transferred to another individual.
Since we value your privacy, we will never discuss your items or account with anyone without your express permission.
If you feel we have ever failed to live up to your expectations please contact:
Birdie@VanCottJewelers.com or Scott@VanCottJewelers.com.